Can't you just feel it in your veins? Love is in the air! (what is she talking about?)
I could go on and on about how I never write in the blog, my mom could too... but that's time consuming.
well here we go!
So here I am in the Library at 9:00pm, I just finished typing my long procrastinated paper. I don't care what you learned in high school but things really don't change once you're in college. I promise. I'm living proof.
College is great! So far I've been living in this library doing homework, which is pretty good I guess...learning is fun? It's also getting colder :D which I'm excited about! I think I just heard my dad clear his throat.... strange.. anyway! Life is fun! Dances are great, party's are great, but as time goes on things really start to pile up! Thankfully I use the sticky note method!
THE STICKY NOTE METHOD: A method in which you write down every little thing you have to get done and you stick it upon your wall, once you have completed one of the tasks, you joyously rip down the appropriate sticky note and shred it to bits, chew on it for a bit then throw it away gracefully. It also gives you endorphins... I swear it does.
Last week I applied for International Student Volunteers (ISV) which is a world famous student volunteer organization that takes students all over the world to do service for four weeks! I, of course, want to serve in Australia (for no apparent reason) which also takes an 11 day side trip to Fiji AND I get college credit! (Which, if you knew about my little Fiji thing last spring, you'll know this is a HUGE deal) So I applied as well as one of my roommates did, and she checked her e-mail and said she got a rejection letter...my heart was pounding as I made my way to my roommates computer because i don't have one yet, anyway...my heart was still pounding as I, Michelle Anstead, opened up my e-mail, checked it's contents and I...Michelle Anstead...owner of the cutest puppy in the world...WAS ACCEPTED!!!
sweetness.
I know what you're thinking, "Well hey, Michelle what about the whole I'm going to STUDY ABROAD and be cool like Wendy thing?" well, hang on, I'm getting to that. While it is still the coolest thing in the world to be like Wendy, I realized that what I really want to do more than anything is serve, and restore and preserve (cue sappy music).
If I studied abroad, chances of me doing much of any service at all would be unlikely. This is pure service! Pure selflessness for four weeks (plus I can still get college credit, woot woot). Cause I mean really, how long can I complain about little things like school work, and smelly roommates, and cell phones that don't work, and boys who don't ask for your number?! It's got to stop.
Random change in topic! I promised my dad I would tell you about this so... if you click on
http://www.radio.usu.edu/
^^^this link right here, and listen to LIVE stream on Saturday's from 12-2 pm (MTN standard time...are we MTN standard time? Did I just make that up?) you will hear not only MY voice, but also my roommates voice being the best DJ's ever!!! Yesh yesh, I am the new DJ for Aggie Radio and I'm still a freshman!
My DJ name: DJ eM
Rachel's DJ name: DJ Radams
Rachel got her name from high school, and it took us hours to figure out mine... we even went for a walk at 1 am to find some inspiration. It didn't come. But eventually we got "em" ...cause i'm not that cool.
Check it. Check it. 1, 2, 3. My first broadcast is next Saturday (October 1, 2011) so don't make fun of me when I mess up because I won't give you a shout out! OK, I probably will but won't be anything fancy. I also do the news updates a few times a week for 2 min, but that's just a side thing, you don't need to worry about that.
Well, like my dad says, once you start loosing interest in your own story you should probably stop telling it. So thank you very much for reading about my life thus far! I will post pictures.
Love you all!
<3.michelle
Some of my roommates and I before a Paint dance

..after the paint dance :) wendy that's not your playdough shirt..

I finally decorated my walls!

and the other side!

My roommate Rachel decided to randomly place a bunch of little pictures of her all over our dorm, and this one was my favorite :) haha

about 3 weeks ago we found this on our door....it's still there today...

This is how me and my roommates communicate. It's healthy.

this is the restroom for regular boys and abnormally large women..tee hee

the USU bookstore ladies and gentlemen

Sticky Note Method
Hey Mr. DJ put a record on......So proud of you!!! Way to spin it.
ReplyDelete