Yikes! It’s been a while. Here’s what I’ve been up to!
I got to go to Windsor Castle, one of the many residences of the queen!
It is truly a marvel.
I decided if I lived here, this would be my window. Very Rapunzel-like, no? “And at last I see the light…”
The guards did not like me at all.
Wonder why…
I’m glad they have excellent signs to show tourists the way.
Breathtaking view.
I asked the locals where to get some good English food, and they pointed me to the Horse & Groom. I decided I had to be very touristy and go with the fish and chips.
Yum!
As I was leaving, I noticed an inscription on the sign. It said the pub was established in the early 1700’s. That means it’s been around longer than the United States! Crazy.
Becoming Jane
My lovely friend Nicole and I decided we needed a weekend getaway. Only, we didn’t know where to go. We consulted a local for guidance, our good friend Jane Austen, who wrote often of Brighton. And so it was!
It truly is incredible!
Ice cream with a flake is a must.
Oh how we love red telephone booths!
Alas, it was time to leave the coast and do something more American. Eat Mexican food!
Our amazing friend Jill came with us on this Mexican food quest. I was craving guacamole so badly! The three Americans managed to find Tortilla, which serves pretty good grub. Not quite Café Rio, but still good (p.s. Utah friends, Café Rio is at the top of my to-do list when I come for Christmas so put it on your calendars!)
I got to see Legally Blonde on the West End! Thanks to Tom, we were 2nd row, which was an incredible vantage point. The giggly sorority girls in the show brought back fond memories of my Provo days. Special shout-out to Single Tree, which might as well have been a sorority :) Such love.
Last Friday I got crepes with the girlies in Covent Garden. It’s such a fun area!
The Beautiful Becca.
The Emanating Emilia
On Saturday, I went shopping with my darling Canadian roommate, Gen. She pointed out these awe-inspiring jeans at the Topshop and I couldn’t resist trying them on.
Well that’s about it. Hope everyone is well and enjoying the last bit of warm weather!
“If adventures will not befall a young lady in her own village, she must seek them abroad.” -Jane Austen


Well done, Wendy, well done!
ReplyDeleteWendy!!! It looks like you are having so much fun! I hope you continue to have many great adventures! Love Whit
ReplyDelete