Yikes it’s been a
while!
I started a new
job and it’s kept me pretty busy.
I was so
surprised that I actually got the job, especially after I gave the worst
interview answer in the world.
The interviewers
rattled off the usual questions, and I gave the fine-tuned answers they were
looking for. I had it in the bag.
Then they threw
the curveball.
“If you could be any superhero, who would you be and
why?”
Now, there are
many excellent work-related answers to this question. A few examples:
“I would be
Superman because I could be even more efficient with the gift of flight.”
“I’d pick
Spiderman because I love helping people. I admire his compassion and ability to
face whatever problems he encounters.”
Unfortunately, I
couldn’t come up with these or any superheroes for that matter.
The silence in
the room was suffocating and I could feel the interviewers’ gazes fixed upon
me.
I had to say
something. Anything.
My internal
conversation sounded a bit like this:
“Why can’t you
come up with a superhero? Give me a name!”
“I got nothing.”
“Are you joking
me? How many superhero movies have come out in the past five years? And you
can’t come up with one single name?”
“Nope.”
Suddenly my mind remembered something! The Avengers. Score! A superhero gold
mine!
Unfortunately, I made the lamest selection
ever.
Captain America? Nope.
Iron Man? No.
The Hulk? I wish.
Hawkeye? Not even.
I picked Black Widow. BLACK WIDOW! Geesh.
Still, at least I had answered the question so we could finally move on.
Then one of the interviewers said, “Hmmm
interesting choice. Why did you pick her?”
Ahhh! Panic mode set-in again. What did
Black Widow even do?
“Uhh I like Black Widow because she’s um,
good at interrogating people without them realizing it.”
My response was met with blank stares,
which signalled that I needed another reason to validate my choice.
“And she’s also good at gymnastic stunts.”
Great. So I chose a superhero based on her
ability to interrogate people and do gymnastics.
Luckily, one of the interviewers mentioned
she hadn’t actually seen Avengers
yet. This led into an excellent tangent about what superhero movies were worth
watching.
The rest of the interview went ok, but I
was glad when it was all over.
Then the real surprise came. They offered
me the job!
I’ve been truly blessed by God. I love Him
and I know I wouldn’t be here without His help.
Everything good in my life is because of
Him.
Hope everyone is doing well!
Go get 'em super girl! Love, mom
ReplyDelete