Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Years and Years in a Single Post. Let's do this.

oh, hello! 

I'm Logan. Of the "Logan to London." & I'm not a very good blogger.

So much so, that I started to track when my last post was, and stopped because I was too bored scrolling down year...after year...

Too many things have happened and - oh wait I found it! December 22, 2012 at 11:55 am was my last post! Hm. That's a problem.

So, here's what's been happening the last few years for me!



  • Spring 2013 - Service trip with USU in HAWAII! 
-Over 300 applicants, and I was one of the 20 who were selected to travel with USU's Alternative Break Service group!  We went for Spring Break, and Ali somehow managed to be the only boy on the trip. Lucky kid. 



















We made a cute little video too ^_^ teehee.

And then I decided Hawaii wasn't enough, and did a service trip to Moab that fall with my school as well.  

Funny thing, I've lived in Utah my whole life, but haven't actually been to most of the places that make this place awesome.  I got there.




  • Tour Guide at Timpanogos Cave National Monument
I was rather persistent to make sure Timpanogos didn't hire anyone BUT me for the Intern position, which then turned into a full time Ranger position! WOOT! The hike up is pretty brutal, but completely gorgeous. 

Waking up at 5 am to hike up a mountain to see the sunrise every day? Completely awesome (not completely. not all the time)! Then I got to hang out with really cool people from all over the world in my waist high green pants and flat hat.  Mmmhmm. 


And sometimes your boss sends you a youtube video of yourself giving a tour. It happens.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VQXzInp8jPI

  • Logan WENT to London. Holy stinker...I still can't believe it.


\

 


































England BLEW me away. I can't even believe everything Cole and I got to do.

It was amazing because Tom and Wendy were the most WONDERFUL tour guides.  They already knew the best ways to go and see all the "touristy" stuff.  

Side note: To give you an idea, I'm pretty sure the things a typical tourist could do in two weeks, we did in about two days. 

That's what's up. 

My experience in London with Wendy was way too big and and I have way too many things I want to share about it, that I'm going to write a completely separate post on it. Sound good? Cool beans.

until then..
  • I found this boy I really liked.  I guess he thought I wasn't too bad, either.

This is Erik Darin Johansen.

We dated 9 months, and I guess he liked me enough that he decided to share his last name with me :D

He proposed on April 26th, 2014 at Second Dam in Logan Canyon, which was where our first date was. We went star gazing on the board walk. Aw shucks. 

It's a really pretty place. 
Eh?  Ehh??

It was almost midnight when he said "Let's go on an adventure!"  I was so down.   We were walking around in the dark for a bit.  The girl in me thought It's going to happen. It is SO going to happen! 

But after a while, I realized 
1. It had only been a few days since he'd talked to my dad. 
2. I was just about to leave for London 
and 3. He was running around picking up rocks.
...so I quickly thought otherwise.

We reached the end of the board walk when he handed me one of his rocks and said I should skip it.  I couldn't skip a rock to save my life, but I took it and just kind of threw it into the water. I turned to face him, laughing at myself, when there he was. On one knee.  

My sweet lans. 

He asked if I would marry him, to which I replied, "Is this for real?"  

I later found out this is the exact reply that my Grandmother Wanda said to my Grandpa Ray when he asked her to marry him. Disbelief runs in the family, I guess

I then squealed. A lot.  My voice went up about 10 pitches, and I just made a bunch of noises and high pitched nonsense.  I'm pretty positive the word "yes" was thrown somewhere in there. 

Then he told me to smile for the camera's, and I saw his best friend Lincoln laying UNDER the board walk, holding up a camera. Then Emily (Erik's sister) Ali, Lauren and Naya (Lincoln's wife) came out of a tree....Sounds pretty majestic when I say it that way. 

But it's what happened.




















It's pretty cool, because then members of my ward were there having a bonfire across the water, and set off fireworks.  It wasn't on purpose, but man it was cool! We went over there and had them take a picture of the whole group as our way of telling them we were engaged.  

Then they freaked out, everyone was happy and we just chilled around the fire with our friends playing music on guitars and setting of fire works.  Good vibes. 

It was only the most perfect thing ever.  No big deal. Don't worry about it.

After that weekend it was finals, then I was off for London.  How well did I do on my finals, you may ask? Again, no big deal. Don't worry about it. 

We were married in the Manti Temple on August 8th, 2014!   






As tradition, a new member of the family means a new family name:

The Joclacksteads! 
(can't handle the cuteness right now)


Life is insanely awesome, and I couldn't have asked for a better companion. 

He truly brings out the best in me, and cheers for me harder than anyone I know. 
He is so nerdy and makes me laugh so hard all the time. 
He does laundry. Oh snap. 
He gets rid of the spiders for me.
He reads scriptures to me when I'm too tired. 
He's patient with me when we play video games.
He puts more blankets on me in the middle of the night when it gets too cold.
He's almost as spontaneous as me. Almost.
He laughs instead of getting mad when I wake him up with my sleep talking.
He got me a tomato plant even though he hates tomatoes as much as my dad.
He takes care of such dreaded tomato plant.
His dancing...hahaha his dancing cracks me up!

I could go on and on, but I'll just leave that there. 

Erik served his mission in San Diego,
It was only fitting we go there for our first anniversary. 
Our secret garden
 [It's secret because it's not a real garden.]




Life is great in our cute apartment. 

We got $10 off a month on our rent because of the orange shag carpet and yellow floral tile kitchen with brown appliances that don't work great.  Some would be upset about this.  But we say "Sweet! $10 off!"

I can't remember how to end this, so I guess i'll ju-

Bye!

<3. michelle

Oh wait! I hiked Timpanogos for the first time a few weeks ago...I worked too hard for too long. I needed to tell someone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment