First, learn Photoshop. Second, get some
plastic surgery. Third, put on lots and lots of make up.
![]() |
| Courtesy Facebook |
Ukrainian model Valeria Lukyanova has taken
the Internet by storm by purporting to be a human doll. Rumors have been
circulating that it’s all a hoax, but she insists she’s the real deal.
One plastic surgeon estimated she’s spent
hundreds of thousands in plastic surgery to achieve her doll-like look.
Out
of control?
She’s not the first to make waves for being
a human doll. Sarah Burge has apparently spent more than $800,000 on plastic
surgery to look like a Barbie. MSNBC reports that Burge, originally from the
UK, is living in America so her 8 year old can compete in beauty pageants.
Here’s the worst part. As a present, she
bought her daughter vouchers that can
be redeemed for plastic surgery when
she’s 18. They’re for breast enhancements and liposuction.
Wait a second. What?!
My
take
I wonder what kind of a message that sends
her daughter. Probably something along the lines of, “Your great, but you could
be better with a little nip tuck here and there.”
When I was young, I thought I was too chubby.
I would complain to my mom, and she’d say, “You are perfect just the way you
are, sweetheart.” Even if I didn’t always believe her, it did much more for my
self-esteem than if she’d said, “You’re right, hun. You are a fatty. Let’s head
on down to my favorite plastic surgeon and he’ll make you perfect.”
See what kind of a ridiculous message that
sends? That woman’s poor daughter will grow up thinking that she needs external
assistance to be beautiful.
So guess what? I have a secret for you.
Listen really close.
You’re perfect the way you are. No,
seriously!
So please, do yourself a favor and stop believing that bratty voice in your head that says you aren’t good enough. You aren’t pretty enough. No guys will ever like you because you don’t look like Barbie. Lies, lies, lies.
Beauty is not a dress size. It isn’t a
number on a scale. It isn’t found in cosmetics. Beauty is you. It’s divinely
within you. There’s no denying it; you are amazing.
You are beautiful.

You are perfect, sweetie! From your mom who IS always right. Great article.
ReplyDelete