Monday, December 12, 2011

Happy Christmas!


(Merry Christmas for those back in the states…)

I just wrapped up my first semester of grad school. Yay!

Now that I have a whole week before I come home, I decided I want to be a tourist.

After all, I have to do Christmas in London right, and I’m cataloguing my adventures so my grandma can follow my blog (hi grandma!).

To start, I paid a visit to Trafalgar Square to see the tree that Norway gives London every Christmas.

Christmas markets (German-style) are huge here. They have booths that sell everything imaginable.

The London Eye isn’t super Christmas-y, but I enjoyed myself.
















Oxford Street is quite festive this time of year.

Then it was off to Covent Garden.


Lovely!






















 This just felt so London Christmas.

In Hyde Park, there’s a huge winter-themed carnival called Winter Wonderland. My sweet boyfriend Tom took me on the ferris wheel. This was at the very top.



Our church put on a 40’s themed Christmas dinner last weekend. The committee did a wonderful job with it.

As corny as it sounds, Christmas is truly magical here in London. I’m grateful I get to experience part of my holiday season here.

Before my mom gets worried, I am excited to come home, too. I can’t wait to be back in the states, especially after seeing this shop during today’s adventures.

Not thinking there’s a whole lot of American flare there.

Til the next adventure, 
Wendy

2 comments:

  1. Wendy, you are in Neverland....So beautiful. Enjoy and come home to us soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So long ago and yet just barely yesterday. You are beautiful, darling daughter!

    ReplyDelete